Finding Your Cummins Engine Serial Number (ESN)
FINDING A CUMMINS ENGINE SERIAL NUMBER
In general, Cummins Engine Serial Number (ESN) consist of eight digits, e.g. 79012323. Cummins Engine Serial Number (ESN) format consists of eight digits comprised of all numbers. There are various places you can look for your engine's ESN.
Your owner's manual is a good place to start. When using a hard copy manual go to the section titled "Engine Identification". If you have misplaced the physical copy of your owner's manual, but can access Cummins Quickserve, you will find a digital copy of the owner's manual there. If you don't have your owner's manual and don't have access to Quickserve, we have the locations for the dataplate on some of the more popular engine models.
- Cummins ISM: The dataplate is located on the fuel pump side of the engine, on the rocker.
- Cummins ISX: The dataplate is on top of the rocker level cover.
- Cummins ISB: The dataplate is typically located on the engine rocker cover, but may be located on the side of the gear housing.
- Cummins ISC and ISL: The dataplate is located on the top side of the gear housing.
- Cummins QSK45 and QSK60: The dataplate is located on the left bank side of the front gear cover.
WHY DO WE NEED YOUR CUMMINS ENGINE SERIAL NUMBER
At Cummins, we understand that finding and identifying your ESN can be a hassle so we are happy to help. Having your ESN allows are parts team to help you get the right parts for your diesel engine. When you provide your ESN, we can lookup the exact parts that we built your engine with and get you the right genuine Cummins parts.
Have questions? We are here to help! Email us at email@example.com or call us:
|AB, BC, MB, NT, NU, SK, YT||1-855-292-7278 (English)||7:00am - 5:00pm (Pacfic)|
|NB, NS, NL, ON, PE, QC||1-866-220-2716 (English and French)||7:00am - 5:00pm (Eastern)|