Returns and Refunds Policy
We are committed to providing a simple and hassle-free returns process. Click here to start your return. Below are our return guidelines.
Return Timeline: You can return products purchased on shopcummins.ca as per the following:
- Genuine Cummins parts purchased on shopcummins.ca can be returned for up to 30 days from the date you purchase it.
- All other products purchased on shopcummins.ca can be returned any time after the purchase.
Eligible Products: Many products purchased on the shopcummins.ca website are eligible for return. Product(s) returned must be in saleable i.e. unused, in original packaging, not damaged and should not be obsolete or superseded. Returns on Cummins Genuine parts will incur a 10% handling fee.
Parts not eligible for return:
- Superseded and obsolete parts
- Parts not purchased through the Cummins Global Logistics (CGL) vendor base (such as special-order parts sourced directly from Power Gen suppliers, parts with unique customer specifications, etc.)
- Parts not purchased from Cummins and non-stocking parts
- Piston pins except as part of piston or cylinder kits
- Electronics (including but not limited to sensors)
- Hazardous materials such as paints, sealants, flush kits, lubricants, spray cleaners and other materials
- Consumable products
- Make-to-Order and Customized items (calibrated fuel pumps, custom specified radiators / alternators / mufflers / adapters / etc.)
- Belts, service tools, and rebuilt or non-genuine parts.
Note: We do not provide engine down support of parts on shopcummins.ca. You must contact your nearest branch.
In-Store Return: You can return products at your nearest Cummins Sales & Service location in Canada. We will review the return and approve immediately if it meets all return requirements. Please bring a copy of the original invoice along with the products.
Online Return: You can also initiate a return online at shopcummins.ca. Lookup your order using Order # and email id and identify the product(s) you would like to return along with return reason and return option. You will be issued a Return Authorization (RA) Number as soon as you submit your return request. You can track the progress of the return online by logging in to your account.
Returns status definition -
Requested – You have initiated the return online and will soon receive an email with shipping guideline.
Received – We have received the return package and it’s being reviewed. This typically takes 1-2 business days.
Approved – Your return meets all the requirements and has been approved.
Rejected – Your return did not meet all the requirements and has been rejected.
Refunded – Once your return is approved, a refund will be issued within 1-2 business days.
Restocking Fee: No restocking fee on products returned within 30 days of order date, this excludes Genuine Cummins parts. After 30 days a 10% restocking fee is applicable.
Return Label: If the product is damaged or we shipped you the wrong product, we will cover the cost of shipping and send you a return label. For all other types of returns, you will be responsible for shipping the return package to assigned Cummins location.
Refund Amount: While issuing a refund we will take into consideration return reason (damaged, wrong product or other reason) to calculate the net refund amount. Here are some scenarios -
Sample Order: Product Cost: $100, Shipping Charge: $20, Taxes: $6, Order Total: $126
Scenario A: Refund request when product is received in damaged condition. We will refund the total amount of $126.
Scenario B: Refund request when product is no longer needed. If we create a return label and the cost is $20, this amount will be deducted from the refund amount. If the return is requested after 30 days of purchase date, 10% restocking fee ($10 in this example) will be deducted from the refund.
Refund Timeline: Once we have approved the return a refund will be issued within 1-2 business days. It might take approximately 5-10 business days for you to see the refund in your account. If it has been more than 60 days since the purchase date, we will contact you to issue the refund via cheque.
Contact us if you have any questions regarding Returns.
Customer Assistance Center Contact & Hours:
Provinces / Territories
AB, BC, MB, NT, NU, SK, YT
07:00 am – 05:00 pm Pacific Standard Time
NB, NS, NL, ON, PE, QC
1-866-220-2716 (English & French)
07:00 am – 05:00 pm Eastern Standard Time